Night trains normally run from Rotterdam Centraal to major cities in Randstad. However, the train service (NS) is planning major construction between Rotterdam and Leiden on the night of the event. Some trains will be replaced with buses that are slower and have an altered schedule. Be sure to check the NS website, especially for your journey after the event.
Flixbus is another option that includes international destinations. It’s often cheaper.
Parking is available within walking distance for as little as €10 for the six-hour event. Link to Parkopedia.
The area is fairly safe for walking. However, be aware that there are several bars and a biergarten around the corner: You’ll run into them if you walk through the tunnel or down Schiekade. These can be rowdy, as can the bars/restaurants on Stadhuisplein.
There are quite a few full-service hotels and lower-cost options within 2km. Join the Otterdance Information and Coordination Group on Telegram for help.
Here are some lower-cost options that seem to be available as of 12 January, based on their websites. (Otterdance isn’t connected with these businesses and can’t guarantee availability, services, or prices.)
- King Kong Hostel, 1,3km. Beds available starting at €42. It’s on a “party street”, so expect quite a bit of noise.
- Sparks Hostel, 700m. Unfortunately they have a two-night minimum on the weekend; fortunately, the prices are so low that prices for two nights start at a total of about €70.
- Thuis bij Schell (1,2km) appears to be a very inexpensive option (€61 for a three-person room with a shared bathroom). It’s only available via third-party sites such as booking.com, however.
- CityHub, 1,4km. This was recommended by one participant; it’s a “capsule hotel”, which is like a hostel with enclosed beds. Prices start around €90.
- EasyHotel Rotterdam, 1,1km. Double rooms starting at about €100.
- AO Hostels, 650m, which despite the name only has full rooms available. Some furs plan to stay there; however, prices have gone up to about €130/night.
- Stayokay Hostel, 1,5km. They don’t appear to have any beds available, but they do have a six-bed room for about €261.
- King Kong Hostel (1,3km) also has 4- and 6-bed hostel rooms that can be rented out as a whole; call to make sure they don’t have a two-night minimum on the weekends.